Please update your bookmarks Debian Home has moved to new location
All packages that are included in the official Debian distribution are free according to the Debian Free Software Guidelines. This assures free use and redistribution of the packages and their complete source code. The official Debian distribution is what is contained in the main section of the Debian archive.
As a service to our users, we also provide packages in separate sections that cannot be included in the main distribution due to either a restrictive license or legal issues. They include:
- Packages in this area are freely licensed by the copyright holder but depend on other software that is not free.
- Packages in this area have some onerous license condition restricting use or redistribution of the software.
- Packages in this area are free themselves but cannot be exported from a server in the U.S.
- Packages in this area have some onerous license condition restricting use or redistribution of the software. They cannot be exported from the U.S. because they are encryption software packages that are not handled by the export control procedure that is used for the packages in Main or they cannot be stored on a server in the U.S because they are encumbered by patent issues.
Note that same packages might appear in several distributions, but with different version numbers.
- View package lists
- Search package directories
- Search the contents of packages
For more InformationDebian Linux Home Page
Shops Selling Genius CDs